Re: Oracle SID's in NT

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:24:55 +0200

jhanway_at_ican.net wrote in message <363e4c1f.1410455104_at_news.ican.net>...
>If you have multiple instances running on a NT Oracle (7.3.3) system,
>is there a variable similar to the SID in UNIX that you can set when
>you go to run say SVRMGR from the command line?

C:\> SET ORACLE_SID=prod2
C:\> SVRMGR23
C:\> SET ORACLE_SID=prod1
C:\> SVRMGR23

The Oracle environment variables works exactly (well almost) the same in NT as in Unix. The SET command is a bit long and cumbersome to type in everytime, so cut and paste the following and save it as ORAENV.CMD in C:\ORANT\BIN --cut--
@echo off

if "%1" == "/?" goto :HELP
if "%1" == "-h" goto :HELP
if "%1" == "-h" goto :HELP
if "%1" == ""   goto :ERROR

if not "%2" == "" goto :ERROR
goto :OK

:HELP

echo.usage: %0 SID
echo.
echo.Sets the ORACLE_SID variable to the specified system id
goto :END

:ERROR
echo.Invalid number of parameters specified. Type '%0 -h' for help. goto :END

:OK
echo.Oracle SID changed from [%ORACLE_SID%] to [%1] SET ORACLE_SID=%1
goto :END

:END
echo.
-- cut --

And now you have a kind of oraenv command for NT. If the NT scripting language did not suck so much, we could make this command file behave exactly the same as oraenv on Unix... <sigh>

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Nov 03 1998 - 00:24:55 CST