Using OCI with stored procedures

From: TimKit <timkit_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 Nov 1998 20:22:08 GMT

I'm having a little difficulty in determining how you're supposed to define and process select list items which are fetched via stored procedures and OCI. I've gone over and over the API documentation, but have found very little in the way of examples or good explanations. Could someone please provide a simple example or tell me where I may be going wrong. Here are the programmatic steps for my C function:

  1. "oparse" to parse the PL/SQL statement, which contains the stored procedure call,
  2. "obndrv" to bind the variables associated with the stored procedure call,
  3. "odefin" to define all select list variables,
  4. "oexec" to execute the procedure (this is where it's blowing up with something like a "variable not in select list" - something like that)
  5. "ofetch" loop to fetch the results.

Thanks,
Tim Received on Mon Nov 02 1998 - 14:22:08 CST