Full Export Problem

From: <stuco_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 16:50:20 GMT

I have a data warehouse that is pretty big (50 GB and growing) and I am currently planning my export jobs. This is how I wish to proceed:

          export 1         SYS,SYSTEM
          export 2         Table set 1
          export 3         Table set 2
          export 4         Table set 3

. .
. .
. .

I also wish to replace a 'Full" export with this strategy. My question is can a full export broken up into multiple smaller exports be used to fully recover from a database crash. In other words, can I totally rebuild a database without doing an export using ORACLE's FULL=Y parameter?

Thank you so much for your help in this matter.

Stuart Cowen
Paladin Consulting, Inc.