[Fwd: Oracle JDBC/Borlands JBuilder + Library Path?]

From: Adrian Smith <aps_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:18:06 -0500

attached mail follows:

Dear All,

I have downloaded a JDBC driver from Oracle and installed it on my windows NT workstation.

When I use SUN's JDK and try to connect to an Oracle database across campus: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oci733jdbc in shared library path occurs.
On the other hand, when I use Borlands JBuilder2: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oci73jdbc in shared library path occurs.

Shouldn't SUN's JDK be searching for oci73jdbc.dll, since this is one of the files in the ORACLE distribution?
How does the other dll file (oci73jdbc_g.dll) differs from this file?

It's my understanding that the file oci73jdbc.dll must be in a directory that is part of the PATH variable when I'm using SUN's JDK. Does Borlands JBuilder2 use CLASSPATH for both compile-time and run-time libraries?
In either case, I still the same exception.

Any ideas welcome :-)