Re: Help - Report printing to file

From: Corinna Becker <Corinna.Becker_at_removethis.memo.ikea.com>
Date: 2 Nov 1998 11:51:41 GMT

Hello Joe,
as it is alot of text I send you what Oracle writes in the online help. Hope that helps you:

"In bit-mapped environments, specifies the printer driver to be used when DESTYPE is File. In character-mode environments, specifies the characteristics of the printer named in DESNAME.

Options: Any valid destination format not to exceed 1K in length. Examples of valid values for this keyword are hpl, hplwide, dec, decwide, decland, dec180, dflt, wide, etc. Ask your System Administrator for a list of valid destination formats.

        PDF means that the report output will be sent to a file that can be read by a PDF viewer. PDF output is based upon the currently configured printer for your system. The drivers for the currently selected printer is used to produce the output; you must have a printer configured for the machine on which you are running the report.

HTML means that the report output will be sent to a file that can be read by an HTML 3.0 compliant browser (e.g., Netscape 2.2).

Default: Taken from the Initial Value field of the Parameter property sheet for the DESFORMAT parameter. For more information on the Parameter property sheet, see "Parameter Properties" For bit-mapped Oracle Reports, if DESFORMAT is blank or dflt, then the current printer driver selected in Choose Printer is used. If nothing has been selected in Choose Printer, then Postscript is used by default.

Rules:

  1. This keyword is ignored if DESTYPE is Screen or Sysout.
  2. The argument(s) for this keyword may be case sensitive, depending on your operating system. For more information, see the Developer/2000 Installation Guide for your operating system. "

Regards
Corinna

Joe Said <saidjo_at_mail.northgrum.com> wrote in article <F1M2wv.KHx%mother_at_herald.northgrum.com>...