Re: getting data from BAR CODE READER

From: Mark Parssey <markpa_at_delm.tas.gov.au>
Date: 1998/10/30

I had similar situation using keyboard with card reader, OCR reader and attached barcode reader.

Found that the firmware included sending sentinel characters to identify source of input, read status etc...

Forunately fount that first sentinel was equiv. to SHIFT -F6 and last to SHIFT-F7 (or similair) & the first sentinel was ignored but the second casued a inavlid function key error.

Amend the ON-ERROR something like below

DECLARE

 lv_errcod NUMBER       := ERROR_CODE;
 lv_errtyp VARCHAR2(3)  := ERROR_TYPE;
 lv_errtxt VARCHAR2(80) := ERROR_TEXT;

BEGIN  IF (lv_errcod = 41008) then ....

Don't forget to put in

 ELSE
  Message(lv_errtyp||'-'||to_char(lv_errcod)||': '||lv_errtxt);   RAISE Form_Trigger_Failure;
 END IF;
to get other errors displayed.