Re: Oracle vs VB/SQL

From: Magnus Bergh <magnusb_at_sbbs.se>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:45:13 +0100

In article <70kelf$5r7$1_at_hermes.is.co.za>, vslabs_at_onwe.co.za says...
> Unfortunately Oracle comes with a price tag which is (or at least was) much
> higher than SQL-Server. But then that is the small price you pay for
> unlimited growth and flexibility.

I was surprised when I saw the price for Oracle. I would expect it to be much higher but now it is about the same price as MS SQL Server, at least if you don't nuy the Enterprise edition. Oracle 8 for NT 5 users cost about $1100. I think SQL Server goes for about the same price.

I have one question (I am new to Oracle): When and why should you buy the Enterprise edition? What do I get which is not present in the normal version?

Magnus Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 06:45:13 CST