forms 50

From: Lars Mennen <l.mennen_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: 29 Oct 1998 20:35:04 GMT

In my office, a colleague of mine asked me to convert some forms 4.5 applications to forms 5.0. However i considered just making them again, he thought conversion was a better alternative. I have been looking at technet.oracle.com, but couldn't find anything about this upgrade.

Has anybody had any experience with this? What are the problems to expect.

As far as i know know, the char datatype isn't supported anymore, and a new version of PL/SQL seems to be used.

Another question i would like to ask: what's the most interesting job: DBA or developer. I'm still a bit wondering, thinking that a dba is just someone who keeps the database running and is less involved with people compared to developers. Is this so? Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 14:35:04 CST