Limiting return of TUPLES...

From: David Ciesnik <ciesnik_at_ucsub.Colorado.EDU>
Date: 29 Oct 1998 15:32:02 GMT

I appologize if this isn't the right place to ask this question. Say I have a table called USERS in an oracle db. Let's say that this table has 500 tuples/rows, containing user_id and user_name. So when I do a sql query, "SELECT * FROM USERS", I get all 500 rows returned. How do I form my sql statement so that only, say 100, or 75 rows are returned?

I don't want to put in a WHERE clause that would limit return of rows based on column criteria. I just want the first 100 rows returned from the general sql statement "SELECT * FROM USERS". Thanks for any input!

                        -Dave

-
David Ciesnik . ciesnik*@*ucsub.colorado.edu Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 09:32:02 CST