Re: Any book called Oracle Internals?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 07:52:03 -0500

Hi,

You shouldn't be starting with books on RDBMS internals. Instead start with books such as C.J.Date's book (I think the title is Introduction to Relational Databases). The ideal starting point, if you can find a copy, is Codd's 1970 paper on relational database management systems since it concisely describes the characteristics of an RDBMS.

regards

Jerry