Re: Oracle DataBase Help

From: Ms. D.H. Harvey <qq45_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:24:40 GMT

Ryan Stapleton (raal_at_penn.com) wrote:
: Mike Lacey wrote:
: >
: > Login as the user oracle, set the environment variables $ORACLE_HOME &
: > $ORACLE_SID (oracle_home points to the directory above the oracle bin
: > directory and oracle_sid holds the short-name of the database) and start
: > svrmgrl (I think this is available in 6) and connect as the internal user.
: >
: > As internal you have full control of the DB.
: >

: I want to thank you for the quick response but I have a few other
: questions if ya dont mind.

: svrmgrl dosnt seem to exist, here are the files in the bin dir
: of oracle

Use sqldba .....................

: coraenv cvtcrt expdat.dmp oracle rpt tcpctl
: crt dbfsize imp orasrv sqldba tcputl
: cursize exp maxmem rpf sqlplus tkprof

: just out of coursity what do I do with the data base once I can
: get in it? I have never used oracle b4, just was coursious what
: was in there :)

: Thanks

: -Ryan
: --
: - Ryan Stapleton | raal_at_penn.com -
: - 225 West Main Street | ryans_at_cis.clarion.edu -
: - Reynoldsville, Pa | ryan_at_flower.aud.temple.edu -
: - 15851 | -
: - Amateur Radio Call: KA3WUT | http://users.penn.com/~raal -