MS Access -> ODBC -> Oracle with SecurID

From: Dean Mah <dmah_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: 1998/10/28

I'm trying to access Oracle using MS Access with SecurID. The initial connection works fine but after awhile MS Access drops the connection with the Oracle server. After that, when I try to access a table, MS Access tries to use the same SecurID passcode as when I first logged on which causes MS Access to crash completely. The connection drops after about 25 minutes. It is sometimes longer if I access the Oracle database at random intervals. However, after running a long query, the connection was dropped immediately.

So it seems like there is some kind of timeout or maximum connect time before MS Access drops the connection. I've tried setting the ODBC Refresh Interval to its maximum value in MS Access but that doesn't seem to help.

If anyone is using a similar setup or has some ideas, let me know.

Thanks,
Dean Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST