Re: SQL Loader Oracle 8 bug???

From: Mark Griffiths <mgriffiths_at_easynet.co.uk>
Date: 1998/10/28

Hi Gary

Yes, I am sad to say that this alert is most definitely true. I have experienced the problem and it caused me to need to re-build my 8.0.4 database from scratch!!

I have the necessary code to upgrade to 8.0.5 but due to other pressures, I have not yet been able to try out the fixes!!

I'd advise getting the upgrade to 8.0.5 and trying it out on a test machine, first with 8.0.4, then with the upgrade. The problem definitely exists; I just worry what new bugs have been introduced in 8.0.5!

Good luck

Mark.