Re: Oracle DataBase Help

From: Ryan Stapleton <raal_at_penn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:28:37 +0000

Mike Lacey wrote:

> Login as the user oracle, set the environment variables $ORACLE_HOME &
> $ORACLE_SID (oracle_home points to the directory above the oracle bin
> directory and oracle_sid holds the short-name of the database) and start
> svrmgrl (I think this is available in 6) and connect as the internal user.
>
> As internal you have full control of the DB.

I want to thank you for the quick response but I have a few other questions if ya dont mind.

svrmgrl dosnt seem to exist, here are the files in the bin dir of oracle

coraenv     cvtcrt      expdat.dmp  oracle      rpt         tcpctl
crt         dbfsize     imp         orasrv      sqldba      tcputl
cursize     exp         maxmem      rpf         sqlplus     tkprof

just out of coursity what do I do with the data base once I can get in it? I have never used oracle b4, just was coursious what was in there :)

Thanks

-Ryan

- Ryan Stapleton               |   raal_at_penn.com              -
- 225 West Main Street         |   ryans_at_cis.clarion.edu      -
- Reynoldsville, Pa            |   ryan_at_flower.aud.temple.edu -
- 15851                        |                              -
- Amateur Radio Call:  KA3WUT  |  http://users.penn.com/~raal -