Running OS commands from stored procedures

From: <EdwardAwad_at_webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 06:34:49 GMT

Hello everyone, I was asked today if there was a possibility of executing Operating system commands from an Oracle stored procedure. I was not sure about the answer. I know that there is the Host command in SQLplus and Forms but not in a stored procedure. I would appreciate any information on that subject.

Regards,
--

Edward Awad
Oracle Developer