Need clarification - Report & SQL

From: <azhan98_at_tm.net.my>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 02:04:20 GMT

Hi,

I have 1 question to ask.

I have a report which is previously developed by somebody else. Now, I try to do some modification on it.However I found some portion of the code that I couldn't understand.

Here is some of it (as an example),

  1. if :p_debug_flag = 'Y' then arp_standard.enable_debug; -- I don't understand arp_standard.enable_debug srw.message('100','Running in debug mode');
    • and the rest of it
  2. :p_msg_printing_option := ARP_STANDARD.AR_LOOKUP('INVOICE_PRINT_CONTROL',:P_CHOICE);
    • I don't understand arp_standard.ar_lookup
  3. srw.message('100',arp_standard.fnd_message(arp_standard.md_msg + arp_standard.md_msg_number));
    • I don't understand arp_standard.fnd_message

 4)replace(arp_standard.ar_lookup('INV/CM/ADJ),'','')

I just want to know what object is it.
The thing that i don't understand is the one that have "arp" on it.

  ARP_STANDARD.fnd_message
  ARP_STANDARD.enable_debug
  ARP_STANDARD.ar_lookup

  ARP_ADDS.territory_short_name

  ARP_TRX_SELECT_CONTROL.build_where_clause

Is it something 'Oracle Standard' thing or developed by the developer. Because, with my few experience in Object Oriented normally when it comes with dot(.) it
means something that belongs to (part of or attribute of).

Actually, I have look through the code (68 pages) and the "ARP" is not a variable,procedure, function or table (except for ARP_STANDARD.AR_LOOKUP which AR_LOOKUP is a table in Oracle).

Can anybody explain me on this?
Participation is highly appreciate..Thanks.

Norazman