Re: Will PL/SQL work?

From: knez <knez_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:58:26 -0400

I ran the script that you provided and received this as an error:

S1000: [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-06550: line 1 column 31:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "INTEGER" when expecting one of the following:

    :=.(@%; not null range renames default.

I tried both the ODBC and the Oracle Driver, neither worked.

I also ran the script in SQL*PLUS and received this as an error:

Connected to:
Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.3.5.0 - Production Release With the distributed and parallel query options PL/SQL Release 2.3.3.5.0 - Production

SQL> declare
  2 testInt integer;
  3 begin
  4 select sysdate from dual;
  5 end;
  6 /
    select sysdate from dual;
    *
ERROR at line 4:

ORA-06550: line 4, column 5:
PLS-00428: an INTO clause is expected in this SELECT statement
ORA-06550: line 4, column 5:

PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored