Problem with DEPTREE_FILL Dependency management utility

From: Kedar Jogalekar <kedar.jogalekar_at_cfewc.ndhq.dnd.ca>
Date: 1998/10/23

Hi all Oracle Gurus,

My problem is related to stored procedure. I am trying to run Oracle supplied

to find out object dependencies. I am using Oracle 7.3.4. I have all necessary grants.

Case a> I am logged in as me in SQL*Plus. I issue following command.

        EXECUTE DEPTREE_FILL('PACKAGE','MY_SCHEMA','MY_OBJECT');
        I get no errors and works fine.

Case b> I am in the same session. I issue following command.
        EXECUTE
DEPTREE_FILL('PACKAGE','OTHER_SCHEMA','OBJECT_IN_OTHER_SCHEMA');
        I get 'Object not found' error message raised in exception of
        DEPTREE_FILL procedure.
        FYI - I have access to the that package in that schema. But I
think
        this is not the problem here. (Refer code of the procedure.)

Case c> I am using Oracle Procedure Builder and logged in as me.
        I reproduce the same procedure (DEPTREE_FILL) and make it a
client side program unit.
        I issue following command
        DEPTREE_FILL('PACKAGE','OTHER_SCHEMA','OBJECT_IN_OTHER_SCHEMA');

        I get no errors and works fine.

So when this procedure is run as a stored procedure I get error and when this procedure is run as a client programme unit then it works fine.

What and where is the problem? What I have to do to solve this.

My configuration is Oracle 7.3.4 on Digital UNIX, SQL*Plus 3.2 and Procedure Builder 2.0
on Windows NT 4.0

Thanks in advance.

Kedar Received on Fri Oct 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT