Re: Multiple databases on Personal oracle

From: <mvempati_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:39:03 GMT

In article <70o9v5$rij$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   oracledba_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Hi, I am able to run 2 databases simultaneously in Personal oracle 7.3 in
> Win95. So I think it should work in Personal Oracle 8.x.also
>
> Bala

  How do you get rid of "Invalid username/password" message when I try to connect to 'ORCL' db thriugh navigator. Obviouslt it is trying to connect to the online db.
  What I did then was try and open the 'ORCL' db. But when I try to start the 'ORCL' database I get the message with 'svrmgr>startup open pfile='<filename>' command I get the message
'oracle already started.shut it down first' mvempati