[student] Nested SELECT statement. Going insane :(

From: Oliver White <ojw_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:34:12 GMT

INSERT INTO FILM_HIRE VALUES
   ((SELECT FILM_NO

        FROM FILM
        WHERE FILM_NAME = 'Kundun'),
    (SELECT CINEMA_CODE
        FROM CINEMA
        WHERE CINEMA_NAME = 'Rialto'),

    '1-Aug-98', '14-Aug-98', NULL);

I have this code, it's obviously wrong by the notes I have don't explain this structure, could someone explain why I get the error:

   (SELECT FILM_NO
    *
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-00936: missing expression

And give me an example of proper syntax?

I have RTFM that I have, but these are sadly :~( lacking.

Your help anticipated with anxious glee. :)
--

On the smeeter.
MHM 22x9