how to do case insensitive text literal comparison?

From: Rick Lin <rlin_at_diffusion.com>
Date: 1998/10/22

Hi,

I have a row which has a VARCHAR2 column with value 'a' (for example, column1 VARCHAR[32]).

If I want my select statements(either with column1='A' or column1='a' in where clause) both successfully return 'a', how do I do it in sql level?

if not, is there any way(such as in database configuration level) to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Rick Lin
Diffusion, Inc.
rlin_at_diffusion.com Received on Thu Oct 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT