Trouble reverse-engineering Oracle with Powerdesigner

From: <matjan_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:35:25 GMT

We are having trouble reverse-engineering an Oracle 7.3.2 database with Powerdesigner, via an ODBC-link.

Powerdesigner manages to reverse-engineer all the tables, but most of them get no columns. 6 out of 44 tables get a complete set of columns. Could it be something specific about those tables that get their columns?

Referential constraints do not get reverse-engineered at all. They are created in Oracle with names, but do not appear as lines in the model. The option "Foreign keys" is selected when starting the reverse-engineering, and the log says "Reverse engineering the References..."(but do not list any references afterward).

Our Powerdesigner definition-file is oracle7.def, 37024 bytes. We have also tried this in different versions of Powerdesigner; 6.0, 6.1 and S-designor 5.1 with only slightly different results.

Does anyone have any experiences of these problems? Thanks in advance!