"Input truncated to 7 characters" when creating package bodies

From: <tmcguiga_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:11:35 GMT

I'm getting this when running a script which creates all package specifications, then package bodies. It's happening at the package body stage. Could this be an SQL*Plus problem, or is something indeed being truncated? I thought nearly all Oracle's naming limits were 30 characters. We normally do all our building in TOAD and have no idea why we're now getting this.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Thank you,

     Tiernan.