user id's and ODBC

From: Randall <aslan-zzz_at_pcmagic.net>
Date: 1998/10/20

Hi!

I have an Oracle database (8.0.5.0.0). In that database I have created user "Project". I have created a tablespace called "Project", made it the default tablespace for user "Project" and created my tables there. I have created roles PROJ_ADMIN and PROJ_USER. I created user "ops$myntid" so that I can use OS user identification in Oracle. I have given ops$myntid the PROJ_ADMIN role and made its deault tablespace the Project tablespace. I have created a connection between Visual FoxPro 6.0 and Oracle via ODBC (the Microsoft drivers for Oracle that come with Visual Studio 6.0). If I log in from VFP as / (causing Oracle to use OS user identification) I can't see the tables in the Project tablespace or create remote views on them. I have to log in over ODBC as Project in order to see the tables. I know I must be missing something. I can't imagine having to build my app utilizing only the Project user id. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--
Best!

Randall

[Just my Dog and I at the Edge of the Universe]
(Remove "-zzz" from address when replying.)