Re: Running svrmgrl from perl script

From: Oyvind Isene <oisene_at_manaus.uio>
Date: 20 Oct 1998 16:31:01 +0200

Bhasker Ravikanti <Bhasker.Ravikanti_at_CAS.Honeywell.Com> writes:

> Hi,

:
:

> Here is the output when running under RDBMS 7.3.4
>
> Oracle Server Manager Release 2.3.4.0.0 - Production
>
> Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1994, 1995. All rights reserved.
>
> Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.0 - Production
> With the distributed, replication and parallel query options
> PL/SQL Release 2.3.4.0.0 - Production
>
> SVRMGR> MGR-11401: input error, unable to read input line
> MGR-01508: unable to close the current file

I had the same problem when we upgraded from 7.3.2 to 7.3.4 on HP. From a backup script, the following snip resulted in the above cited error:

files=`$DBPROG <<'EOF' | grep "/.*/"
connect internal
select name from v$datafile;
select member from v$logfile;
select name from v$controlfile;
EOF` When the result is redirected to a temporary file and processed after, I didn't get any error message:

$DBPROG <<'EOF' > /tmp/db_file_list
connect internal
select name from v$datafile;
select member from v$logfile;
select name from v$controlfile;
EOF
files=`grep -E "/.*/" /tmp/db_file_list`

I think you can implement the same workaround in your perl script.

(I believe this is a bug, so I called Oracle support, which agreed, but no fix.)

> Any help would be appreciated
> Thanks.
> Bhasker Ravikanti,
> Technical Senior Staff,
> Honeywell S&AC Shared Services Team.
>
> --
> Bhasker Ravikanti,
> Technical Senior Staff,
> Honeywell S&AC Shared Services Team.

--
øyvind_isene, dba,- sort of Received on Tue Oct 20 1998 - 09:31:01 CDT