Oracle autoexec.bat equiv & private named pipes

From: <RICK.BALLARD_at_atl.sofkin.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:08:38 GMT

I am running trusted oracle 7.33 on an HPUX 10.16 ( CMW ) box. This is afaik the latest version that will run under hpux 10.16.

I need to start an oracle named private pipe whenever oracle starts up. I can put some code in dbstart, and in the system init files, but what if someone just stops and restarts oracle manually ? What I need is to have some code that runs automatically when oracle starts up.

This is to prevent the -implicit- creation of a -public- named pipe if someone tries to access the pipe before I can explicitly create the private pipe.

Thanks for any ideas. Received on Tue Oct 20 1998 - 08:08:38 CDT