Re: Calling UNIX shell script from PL/SQL procedure

From: Thor <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:09:24 -0700

Using the ! is in SQL*Plus on UNIX systems.

In 7.3 you will need to sue a dbms_pipe, you can find a great example (fully functional) on the Oracle Gov't webpage, courtesy of Thomas Kyte. There is a small sample in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo that will you can look at it, as well as in the package spec for dbms_pipe, located in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmspipe.sql

In Oracle8 you can call external code directly after wrapping it ... you'll need to check th emanual on this one!

Thor HW