Log on & V$SESSION

From: Roy Jones <docjones_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:08:24 GMT

I have a question about logging into the database:

I have an ORACLE 7.3.4.1 database running on an HP9000 K410/570. We want to allow our users to log on with only a certain set of tools. My first attempt was to monitor the V$SESSION table specifically the PROGRAM column to determine what tool is being logged in with. This works great for all situations except Windows NT. WinNT put the full path to the program/shortcut in the table which normally is more than the 48 characters the PROGRAM column can handle. My next attempt was to go back to the PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table but all I know about it is that you must list each product individually and the only valid value I know is SQL*Plus.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Roy Jones
docjones_at_bellsouth.net
jonesr_at_ssg.gunter.af.mil Received on Mon Oct 19 1998 - 17:08:24 CDT