Re: beginner question , ora-1950

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 19 Oct 1998 05:07:21 GMT

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 14:59:41 GMT, chishin_at_m2.dj.net.tw (¤p·s) wrote:

>and the manual say user must have quota or have unlimited tablespace
>but have unlimited tablespace privilege is dangerous, and set quota
>may change many time , is there someway to do so, and not use that two
>way , thanks

To the best of my knowledge, you need either quota or the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE privilige. It is possible to allow a user unlimited quota on a specific tablespace. I do that all the time on our development and test instances.

	alter user scott
		quota unlimited on user_data;

With regard to the above statement, the question to ask yourself is what is the downside if user_data gets filled up. The answer depends on your specific situation.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Mon Oct 19 1998 - 00:07:21 CDT