[Q] CGI with Oracle: rows limit.

From: Mattia <bubino_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:40:08 +0200

Hi I need to do a CGI application that makes a search in my Oracle DBMS that looks like an internet search engine (altavista, hotbot) query: An HTML form is presented to the user, and when the user clicks on the 'submit' button an SQL query is fired by my CGI program. The user gets in return the first 20 rows generated by the query, because the resulting table may be very long. In the returning page the user is given the opportunity to view the following 20 results. (the rows of the resulting table are likely to be much more than 20)
My CGI program fires the SQL query and print out the first 20 lines of the resulting table (and discards the following)

Now comes the question: is it possible to limit the number of the rows of the table resulting from the SQL query, so that the DBMS doesn't have to do a huge job every time the SQL query is fired?

Thanx in advance

Mattia Cazzola Received on Sat Oct 17 1998 - 11:40:08 CDT