Re: Export to Tape uncer Unix

From: George Dau <gedau_at_isa.mim.com.au>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 00:58:09 GMT

"Dr. J. Sylvan Katz" <j.s.katz_at_sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

]How does one export to tape under unix?

Which unix? What exactly do you want to do?

If you want to do an Oracle export (exp) directly to tape then you can specify the tape device as the output file

Solaris:
exp / full=y file=/dev/rmt/0

It does prompt for "volume size", I haven't tried to automate this, but I suspect "expect" or maybe a "here document" would get around this.

Linux: (not tested, but should work)
exp / full=y file=/dev/st0

The userid doing the export needs write permission to the tape device.

--

 ,-,_|\   George Dau,                                             __
/    * \  Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.     (OO)

MIM Internet policy item 3.4 compliance -
"I am clearly stating that any views or opinions expressed above do
* NOT * necessarily represent the views or opinions of MIM." Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 19:58:09 CDT