Oracle 7.x, ODBC, COMMIT, and concurrent users

From: Oscar Blass <Oscar.Blass_at_Cloverleaf.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 18:57:36 -0400

I have not confirmed this for myself, but I was told that a 'COMMIT' sent to an Orcale 7.x DB will close all open ODBC cursors connected to a database. This has to be a lie since I have had multiple cursors open fetching data another process making AUTOCOMMITED inserts into a table. I am worried about some of the applications we are developing crashing left and right if the behavior my friend described to me is some sort of installation option for Oracle. I greatly appreciate any insight into the matter.

Thanks,
Oscar Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 17:57:36 CDT