installing problem

From: John Nguyen <cc658_at_torfree.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:34:54 GMT

Hello,

I am trying to install oracle, but seem to have problems. After I log in as oracle/dba, with environemntal variables ORAHOME etc. etc. set to the right place. I went to my oracle source directory ie orainst and type ./orainst, what I get back is that it can't locate ./orainst.cm, here is the exact message:

805ship/orainst$ ./orainst
./orainst: ./orainst.cm: No such file or directory 805ship/orainst$

at first I thought it was my path env variable, but I made sure the path ./ was in it. Still didn't help. Has anyone ever seen this problem and how did you resolve it? It seems like a fairly simple problem.

Thanks in advance Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 15:34:54 CDT