Re: PRC*C SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS must be given ?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:15:52 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Ross Mohan" <nonspam_rmohan_at_ix.netcom.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:55:53 -0400, you wrote:

><snip>...
>

>System default option values taken from:
>/user2/oracle73/precomp/admin/pcscfg.h
>>
>>It ran sqlplus to install the needed package and then precompiled the code
>with
>>the sqlcheck and userid options....
>>
>>Thomas Kyte
>>tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>>Oracle Government
>>Herndon VA

> configure this and/or insert options here? <Pro*C newbie> I didn't
>find
> anything particularly illuminating in ../install, et cetera.

That message:

System default option values taken from: /user2/oracle73/precomp/admin/pcscfg.h

is a standard pro*c message. For the post I was answering, mine was 0 bytes in length as well. My point in my post was that the make -f *.mk sample9 *should* precompile the code correctly, if not it must be an OS dependent issue with the makefile and I'd need to know the OS to figure it out.

As for this header file, its not really a header file at all in the C sense but rather a place to put pro*c options that you always want to use. For example, lets say you always want to use "lines=yes" on all proc precompiles. Simply edit this file, put lines=yes in it and the next time you precompile -- it'll get that option by default.

> TIA
>
> Ross Mohan

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 11:15:52 CDT