Anything else act like a BLOB???

From: David Hagemann <DHageman_at_amfam.com>
Date: 16 Oct 1998 15:59:05 GMT

Hello,

Is there any data type in version 7.3.2 that can act similar to BLOB that is available in 8.0 (or higher). I want to store a .gif image on oracle and read it back to display in an HTML page using ASP.

 I have tried to do this with a LONG RAW data type, but it doesn't work. People tell me they are doing this type of storage and retrieval with BLOB's in 8.0, but we won't have 8.0 until next year. I was hoping to get something working in our 7.3.2 version.

Thanks inadvance for any ideas,

David Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 10:59:05 CDT