Help with Freelists

From: Arthur Merar <amerar_at_unsu.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:57:30 -0500

Hello,

I have a question. I am a bit confused about freelists and the data buffer cache.

The book I have says that all data is kept in the buffer cache. But it also says that if you have a lot of inserts, then you should increase your freelists.

I'm confused......data is held in the buffer cache.....so what do freelists have to do with anything?

Please e-mail your replies........

Thank you,

--

"A real friend is someone who knows all about you and still respects you."

Arthur
amerar_at_unsu.com
ICQ#:663601
http://www.unsu.com Received on Thu Oct 15 1998 - 20:57:30 CDT