Re: SQLSERVER,IIS replaced by LINUX/APACHE/ORACLE?mlml

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:33:40 -0400

Hi Michel,

    What makes you think NT/SQLSERVER/IIS is a cheap solution?

    Yeah, I know that the software is cheap (it is also low cost -- but that's another issue), but what is the total cost of ownership? According to some of the big consulting firms it costs more to own the Microsoft solution than the Linux/Apache/Oracle solution.

    Based on my own experience and the comments I have seen and heard I expect that the Linux/Apache/Oracle solution will prove to more reliable and offer better performance than the NT/SQLServer/IIS solution

regards

Jerry

Michel Lee wrote in message <703hif$nal_at_freenet-news.carleton.ca>...

>Just wondering,...
>will NT/SQLSERVER/IIS be replaced by
>LINUX/APACHE/ORACLE as a cheap solution?
>
>btw how much will oracle charge or its s/w when its Appliucation
>server comes out in Jan1999
>?
>--
> / www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ae299 /---\ \ \ \\ \ \