Re: Pictures ?

From: Craig M. Wall <cwall_at_petersons.com>
Date: 1998/10/14

S.Africa wrote in message ...
>Hi people,
>
> Some very simple questions here;
>
>1) How easily does Oracle handle jpegs/gifs as data types in a table?
>2) How does Oracle handle on a Macintosh?
>

>Reasoning behind these akward questions;
>
>My father would like to create a database of art objects from his Gallery.
Then, slap it on the web. We use Macintosh Computers so, I am looking for a picture Friendly database solution.

>Please, send any comments (or quotes ;-)
>reboot99_at_mailexcite.com

  1. Fine
  2. Not well shoulda been asked...
  3. How much is Oracle going to charge me to connect this database to the web? Probably as much or more than the most expensive item of art in your father's gallery.
  4. Is Oracle / Mac / Web the solution to your particular need? I think not.

Regards,
Craig M. Wall Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT