Re: Oracle for Linux production release now available!

From: Michel Lee <ae299_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 15 Oct 1998 00:58:36 GMT

I have installed Oracle on Linux REDHAT 5.0 (upgraded to 2.0.34 kernel) on a P120, 1.2G HD+ 500M HD , 32 M RAM. The downloaded tar (unziped) is in the 500M hd. The untared copy is in the 1.2 G HD. After install I have 50M left with default install DB. Listener is running (with errors whenver i do 'status' or 'stop') but works.
I tried the client s/w on windows95, it works. i.e. sql*plus, enterprise-manager, odbc too...

--

   /             www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ae299        /---\  \  \ \\   \   \