Re: Triggers Still a Compilation Problem

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:06:15 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Bill West" <wwest_at_ucsd.edu> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:15:41 -0700, you wrote:

>Tried this code but still getting compilation errors
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER SET_OH_FLAG BEFORE INSERT ON INDEX_FUND_XREF
>FOR EACH ROW
>WHEN (new.FUND LIKE '62100%')
>BEGIN
>:new.OH_FLAG=1;
>END;
>
>Other considerations:
>
>1. I own this table
>2. The FUND is a char datatype
>3. the OH_FLAG is a number with a size of 1 and precision of 0
>
>Bill West
>SDSC

in the future:

SQL> show errors trigger set_oh_flag

will help you lots. In this case, it is the line:

:new.oh_flag = 1;

:new.oh_flag := 1;

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 14:06:15 CDT