Re: Oracle security question

From: Thierry Poels <PoelsT_at_DMA.BE>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:54:58 +0200

Hi,

You can only grant insert, update and reference for specific columns. Other priviliges, like select, delete, ..., are all based on all columns.

Like "TurkBear" already said, you can solve this by defining a view which only shows the columns you want, and ONLY grant select on the view, and not on the table.

greetings,
Thierry Poels
DBA & Unix System Manager for VTB-VAB
http://www.vab.be/