Re: Oracle database on a nfs server

From: Juergen Gmeiner <gj_at_tiani.com>
Date: 14 Oct 1998 09:58:19 +0200

> I personnally will prefer to have a local raid5 harddrive, because I think it
> is faster and more reliable, but as we have invested in a 100Gb fileserver,
> we are wondering if we can use it for that.

install oracle on the fileserver. or buy a raid. preferably to smaller raids so you can seperate the archive logs from the datafiles.

running oracle over nfs is big NO-NO. one of the first things they told me on my oracle-course years ago was that accessing the data files over nfs was a sure way to loose data.

and performance would probably suck, too.

be safe,
juergen Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 02:58:19 CDT