Re: Oracle database on a nfs server

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: 1998/10/13

NetApp is now "ON Oracle," whatever that means. Their "Multiprotocol Network Filers" (some like to call them "toasters") are certified by Oracle as storage solutions for Oracle databases. Those certifications notwithstanding, here's a few things to know about NFS:

NetApp appears to have some papers on the topic. They are, of course, quite rosy in their outlook. Take a look at the URL:

http://www02.netapp.com/partners/byproduct.html#applications

Good luck,

--
Jeremiah Wilton      http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah