Oracle database on a nfs server

From: <drasfr_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:11:08 GMT

We will have soon a massive file server, a NetApp, and we will have an oracle database.

But we are wondering where to put the oracle program, does someone knows if oracle across a network (nfs) will be good and fast enough, this database will have millions of records, and we will add a few thousands of new records a day.

Someone has experiencing to run oracle with all the information on a nfs server ? and what do you think of that.

I personnally will prefer to have a local raid5 harddrive, because I think it is faster and more reliable, but as we have invested in a 100Gb fileserver, we are wondering if we can use it for that.

Please respond both here and to my email : stephane_at_formaninteractive.com

Stephane Fourdrinier
Forman Interactive.