How to insert an & in a table with an SQL-statement.

From: Marten Tacoma <mtacoma_at_doge.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:48:01 +0100

Hello..

Could anyone tell me how to insert a & in a field without it promts me for a variable.
I need to send an escape-sequence to a printer to change its settings. We are working with forms 3.x (or omething like that), and this version does not accept escape sequensys. So I put al nonsenstext in a field en then run an sql like this:

upadate tableX
set field=' xx&yyy'
where field='nonsenstext'
/

And the & makes the sql ask me for a variable. But what I want is tho put an *hard* & in the field.

Anny help ?

Marten Tacoma.

mtacoma_at_doge.nl Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 14:48:01 CDT