Re: trying to copy a long raw column

From: hy <hueyyann_at_singa.pore.net>
Date: 1998/10/12

here's something from the Oracle manual

LONG columns cannot be used in the SELECT list of a subquery or queries combined by set operators (UNION, UNION ALL, INTERSECT, or MINUS). LONG columns cannot be referenced when creating a table with a query (CREATE TABLE . . . AS SELECT . . .) or when inserting into a table (or view) with a query (INSERT INTO . . . SELECT . . .).

I think u may have to insert the row without the LONG value and then update the row.

~hy