JDBC OCI on Linux i386?

From: Robert Cook <robertc_at_pocketbank.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:29:32 -0700

I'm deciding on whether I want to use Linux i386 on my java-based front end server. Currently it appears that Oracle has only the Thin JDBC (pure Java) drivers. Oracle says that the JDBC/OCI drivers exist only for NT and Solaris.

  1. Is there going to be a Linux port of JDBC/OCI?
  2. Am I worrying unnecessarily? What kind of performance differences will I see between Thin JDBC and JDBC/OCI?

Thanks,

Robert Received on Sun Oct 11 1998 - 20:29:32 CDT