Re: Storing executable files

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:52:22 GMT

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 01:10:58 +0800, "Huey Yann" <hueyyann_at_singa.pore.net> wrote:

>How do I store an executable file into the database?
>If I manage to store it, how do I run it from the client?
>The executable file is in my PC and the database is on the Unix.
>We have Oracle 7.3.2 and Oracle 8 running.

You can store the binary executable (and any associated files, e.g., DLL's) as binary objects in the database, i.e., BLOBs.

To actually run this, you would need to read it out of the database and onto some filesystem (either local or remote) where your operating system can then load the executable.

>Thank you.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sun Oct 11 1998 - 18:52:22 CDT