O8: Can't create triggers

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 16:30:22 -0600

Good day,

I have been trying without luck to figure out why my triggers won't compile at all. I am trying the following trigger:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER COMMS_KEY_BEF_INS_ROW BEFORE INSERT ON COMMS_KEY
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
:NEW.COMM_ID := SEQ_COMMS_KEY.NEXTVAL;
:NEW.ENTRY_DATE := SYSDATE;
:NEW.ENTRY_BY := USER;

END; This is a fairly new installation of Oracle 8.0.4.0. Looking at my trigger, it is formatted properly for access, although I'm not sure about the sequence. I did check the documentation on the error I was receiving (trigger created with compilation errors) and ran the script that apparently I'm supposed to know about. Other ideas on this?

--
Ken Rachynski
Database Analyst/Developer