Re: Pro*C Query

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 18:57:21 GMT

A copy of this was sent to srikrishnas_at_delhi.tcs.co.in (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 09 Oct 1998 07:22:19 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi,
>

>In proc if we give threads=yes option
>the following precompiler error is encountered
>EXEC SQL CONTEXT USE statement not encountered
>
>on checking the precompiler error messages it was found that
>one has to declare sql_context variable,Allocate and used prior
>to any EXEC SQL statements
>How can one use threads=yes option??
>What all one need to set/use to use thread option??
>How to use sql_context variable??

You need to check out chapter 3 in the pro*c manual (for 7.3, chapter 4 for o8) the section on developing multi-threaded pro*c apps.

It describes what extra programming steps you must undertake to be thread safe in pro*c.

>Thanks,
>Sri Krishna Saxena.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 13:57:21 CDT